“The login information in the configuration is corrupted” error message appears if you open for the first time without running as administrator and attempt to set a password.
How to Resolve:
Run the shortcut as Administrator
1. Right-Click on the Portal Interface Config Tool shortcut.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click on the Shortcut Tab.
4. Click on the Advanced button.
5. Select the Run as an administrator checkbox.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Click the Apply button.
8. Click the OK button.
Or, do the following:
1. Right Click on the Portal Config Tool shortcut
2. Select Properties
3. Click on the Compatibility Tab
4. Check the “Run the program as an administrator” checkbox
Notes about the password requirement
- Set Password Upon Initial Launch
- Password needs to be 8 Characters, 1 capital letter, 1 special character, 1 number
- Password will need to be changed every 3 months
If this is a first-time configuration, you may also encounter an error message about the Database Connection String.
"The database connection is in error: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized."
Click the OK button on the alert pop up. The Database Connection String window will appear. You can either type the string in the windows, or click the "Use default" button and then test the string prior to saving this change with the "OK" button.
Default Connection String:
Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=AccessControl;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;
If the database is not going to use Windows authentication, change Integrated to false and add User ID=Lenel;Password=TheLenelPassword;
Example of modified String:
Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=AccessControl;Integrated Security=False;User ID=LENEL;Password=Secur1ty#;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;