This is caused by an incorrect DPI setting. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps.
1. Right-click on the Windows desktop and select Properties. The Display Properties window appears.
2. Navigate to the Settings tab.
3. Click Advanced. The Monitor Properties window appears.
4. On the General tab, for the DPI setting, select Normal size (96 DPI).
5. Click Apply, or click OK to save your changes and exit.
6. Click OK to exit the Display Properties.
Windows 7 / Server 2008: Text magnification needs to be 100% in order for forms to show properly. In order to check and change the text size, you can use the steps outlined in the following article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller
Basis/OnGuard runs best with screen resolutions higher than 800 x 600.
If these steps do not resolve the issue on a computer running Windows 7, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for additional resolution steps.
This article addresses a specific issue with Windows 7 when being run on a laptop:
Basis/OnGuard (All versions)
Windows Server 2003