The data source in the connection strings may be incorrect in the config files. This can happen if the SQL database is installed in an instance other than the default, (local)\OSI SQL instance. To check the connection strings, do the following:
If you are unfamiliar with XML files or need additional support, please call Software Technical Support.
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Stanley Security Solutions\Stanley Wi-Q AMS Services\Wi-Q Comm Service\Wi-QCommCore.dll.config file.
- Make a backup copy of this file.
- Right click on the Wi-QCommCore.dll.config file and open it with notepad.
- Locate the section of the config file labeled <!--Database Configuration-->
- Locate database connectionString=”Data Source=(local)\OSI;Initial Catalog=WAMS;Integrated Security=true”
- Update the (local)\OSI to the correct SQL name and instance. If you are unsure of this information, please work with local IT person.
- If the current user account is not an administrator on the SQL server, please also update the Integrated Security to false and add User ID and Password information.