To Update the firmware on the SWITCH™ Cores, please do the following:
- Open the SWITCH™ Tech App on the Smart Device
- Click on the "Admin" tab
- Click on the "Update Firmware" option in the list of Admin functions.
- Select the desired firmware from the "Select a firmware version" screen at the bottom of the app.
- Click the "OK" Button to select the firmware.
- Click on the Start Button.
- There will be a warning that pops open at the bottom of the app. "Warning Updating the firmware will erase the device's current configuration. The device must be reconfigured."
- Click the 'Continue" button.
- Tap the core to wake it up.
- Once connected, the app will begin to push the firmware to the core.
This process can take about 7-10 minutes as this is a significant jump in firmware. Please do not close the app.
Once the firmware is updated, the core will need to be configured.
To configure the core, please follow the steps in this video.
Programming a SWITCH™ Core