ResolutionThis is caused by an incorrect DPI setting. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps.
1) Right-click on the Windows desktop and select Properties. The Display Properties window appears.
2) Navigate to the Settings tab.
3) Click Advanced. The Monitor Properties window appears.
4) On the General tab, for the DPI setting, select Normal size (96 DPI).
5) Click Apply, or click OK to save your changes and exit.
6) Click OK to exit the Display Properties.
Windows 7 / Server 2008: Text magnification needs to be 100% in order for forms to show properly. In order to check and change the text size, you can use the steps outlined in the following article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller
OnGuard runs best with screen resolutions higher than 800 x 600.
If these steps do not resolve the issue on a computer running Windows 7, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for additional resolution steps.
This article addresses a specific issue with Windows 7 when being run on a laptop:
1) Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter.
2) If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
3) In regedit, navigate to the location below:
4) In the right pane of Desktop, double click/tap on Win8DpiScaling to modify it.
5) Type 1, and click/tap on OK.
6) Double click/tap on LogPixels to modify it.
NOTE: If you do not have the LogPixels DWORD value, then right click on an empty space in the right pane of Desktop, click on Newand DWORD (32-bit) Value, type
LogPixels, and press Enter.
7) Select (dot) Decimal, type in the registry value of 96 and hit OK.
8) Close Registry Editor.
9) Sign out and in, or restart the PC to apply changes.
For more information on these registry key values:
OnGuard or BASIS - All releases